Honor 8 Pro launches in India; goes on sale from July 10
The Honor 8 Pro was launched in Europe earlier this year, and the company’s flagship smartphone has now launched in India. The Honor 8 Pro packs top-of-the-line specifications and looks every bit as brilliant as phones that cost a couple of hundred dollars more.
The Honor 8 Pro sports a 5.7-inch Quad HD 2K display and runs the company’s proprietary software, EMUI 5.1 on top of Android Nougat. Powered by Kirin 960 – Huawei’s top-tier chipset, Honor 8 Pro packs in 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. Honor 8 Pro boasts of fourth generation of the dual cameras with twin 12 MP cameras – an RGB sensor for color and a monochrome sensor for details.
Encased in a unibody metal chassis, the Honor 8 Pro comes in three color variants – the Midnight Black, Platinum Gold, and Navy Blue.
Honor 8 Pro Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1
- Display: 5.7-inch QuadHD (1440 x 2560) LTPS-IPS LCD | 515ppi | 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 960 | Octa-core CPU (4xCortex-A73@2.4GHz + 4xCortex-A53@1.8GHz) | Mali-G71 GPU
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB; expandable up to 256 GB with microSD card
- Front Camera: 8 MP | f/2.0 aperture | 1080p @ 30fps video capture
- Rear Camera: Dual 12MP camera with hybrid AF | RGB and Monochrome sensors | f/2.2 aperture | Dual-tone flash | 2160p and 1080p @ 30/60fps video capture
- Battery: 4,000 mAh | 18W fast charging
- Dimensions: 157 x 77.5 x 7 mm
- Weight: 184 grams
At a price of ₹29,990 ($463), the Honor 8 Pro has managed to squeeze in a well-rounded flagship device in mid-tier price segment. The device goes on sale on July 10 at 6 PM exclusively on Amazon.
What are your thoughts on the Honor 8 Pro and its pricing? Tell us in the comments!